New Orleans Attorney For Personal Injury And Wrongful Death
A serious injury to you or a loved one can result in multiple legal and medical problems. You may require immediate medical treatment and ongoing physical therapy, and you may be coping with lost income due to your inability to work.
During this difficult time, it is important to remember that insurance companies are businesses that profit by limiting their financial responsibility. Insurance adjusters do not work for you and are actually evaluated on how little they pay out for injury claims. Let us take on the insurance company for you and fight to maximize your financial compensation.
For a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer, call 504-410-7988 or complete our contact form. Attorney Vincent P. Scallan represents individuals and families in parishes throughout the greater New Orleans area.
How We Can Help You
If you are injured in a car accident or any accident through no fault of your own, we will immediately put your mind at ease by dealing directly with the insurance companies. In most cases, we can advance the costs of our clients’ medical treatment, as well as assist in arranging for transportation to and from doctors’ appointments.
We will also handle all communications and negotiations with the insurance companies so you can focus on what matters most: your well-being and that of your family. If the at-fault party or the insurance company refuses to pay the full amount of compensation you are owed, we will not hesitate to take your case to court. Attorney Vincent P. Scallan is an accomplished trial lawyer who has tried cases in parishes throughout southern Louisiana.
We have the knowledge, experience and resources to help you seek compensation for any of the following:
- Dog bite injuries: An animal attack can result in extreme pain, heavy medical bills, severe scarring and lifelong psychological issues. Let us help you get the compensation you need to move forward.
- Injuries due to dangerous property conditions: Louisiana property owners have an obligation to ensure that their properties are reasonably safe. We help victims of property owner negligence obtain compensation in a variety of premises liability matters, including slip-and-fall accidents, dangerous apartments and commercial rental properties, inadequate security, accidents in retail stores and parking lots, and injuries due to unsafe hotel premises.
- Motor vehicle accidents: We fight for victims of car accidents, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents and distracted driving accidents. If you have been injured in an auto accident of any kind, we can help you get the full and fair compensation you need.
- Accidents resulting in wrongful death: It is devastating to lose a loved one due to someone else’s negligent or reckless actions. Nothing can erase that loss, but financial compensation may be available to help you move forward. Even if the wrongdoer who caused the death is ultimately convicted of a crime, a wrongful death claim may be the only way for a grieving family to receive compensation for funeral costs and other expenses.
Who Can Bring A Wrongful Death Claim In Louisiana?
Louisiana law allows for a variety of parties to bring a wrongful death claim. Those parties include:
- The surviving spouse of the deceased or the children of the deceased
- The surviving parent or parents of the deceased if the deceased had no surviving spouse or children
- The surviving siblings of the deceased if there are no surviving parents
- The surviving grandparent or grandparents of the deceased if there are no surviving siblings
In each of these groups, a family member who is related to the deceased by adoption may also bring a wrongful death claim. If no family members are still living, a representative of the deceased person’s estate may bring a claim of wrongful death.
A parent who is deemed to have abandoned the deceased person while he or she was a child is not allowed to bring a wrongful death claim in Louisiana.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
We want to help you get the full and fair compensation you deserve. For a free consultation with a skilled and dedicated attorney, call us in New Orleans at 504-410-7988 or fill out our contact form. Vincent P. Scallan Law, LLC, advises and represents clients throughout southern Louisiana.